Monday 27 July 2015

Revisiting Sarah's Collection at Dragons Lair Designs

It's Nanette again with a revisit to the fabulous Sarah's Collection kit! This one holds a soft spot in my heart as it was the first kit I created with for the Dragons Lair Inspiration Blog.  The kit contains soft, pastel greens, and a lovely paper with whom I call "Sarah" on it and the kit is just amazingly soft and lovely!  I am very interested in postcards at the moment so of course I was thinking along those lines but couldn't quiet get it to work in my head.  Then I saw an amazing art envelope made by a dear friend and decided to give that a try!  I used 2 5x7 copies of the background paper and glued together and unstuck a small envelope for my template.  It took some adjusting and piecing but it worked rather well.  I stamped a postage stamp on the corner and cut out a fabulous stamp I received from another lovely friend from Finland and glued by the stamped one.  I took my black fine tip pen and tried to make the stamped lines from the postmarked stamp go across my stamped image.  Then I fussy cut "Sarah" out and glued onto the front and added some distress markers around the edge of her to soften the edges and added some green Perfect Pearls powders for a nice shimmer.  On the back I stamped another stamp from the same kit the small stamp came from and that was it!





Hope this inspires you to revisit some favorites of yours and find some new images for the papers in our Store!

Please LIKE us on Facebook!  All links are listed below!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails