Saturday 28 February 2015

Colour along - Texture and patterns

Today I'll be sharing a quick and easy way it is to add some texture and patterns to your colouring.

This month I will be using the beautiful Hat Lady 2 Stamp from the Simply Soft Collection.



 This pattern affect was achieved by first colouring the hat, with Promarkers, then placing a fine nib on the blender pen and drawing the pattern on top of the colour.

Using the fine nib on the blender pen again, you can add texture too, and that's how I achieved the straw hat affect here. I also added some tiny spots to the scarf.

And finally you can use a lighter colour pen on top of a 'darker' colour too . This is how I added the yellow spots to the purple scarf.

There you go. A simple and affective way to add to your colouring.

See you next month


2 comments:

Gwyneth said...

I love the different effects you've created. Subtle, but great for giving a different look to colouring in.

janna'scraftingattic said...

Brilliant, love the blue hat technique very clever

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails