Wednesday 5 November 2014

Inspiration by Gwyneth - November

Good Morning Everybody!

Hi Everybody!  It's time for another "Inspiration by ..." post from me.  This time I've recycled a wooden box that chocolate coated ginger came in last Christmas, and also made some coasters to put in it to give as a Christmas gift.
.
Dragons Lair Designs Item:
    • Items from the "Francheska" Collection - found - Here - in the shop.
    Consumables:
    300gsm Super Smooth white cardstock; Martha Stewart Glitter Glue; Sakura Clear Stardust Pen; Cast Bronze Gilding Wax; Glue Gel; Blank Coasters
    Equipment:
    Scissors.
    .
    This is what I started off with -


    This is the finished box -


    A couple of different views of the box -
     

    And these are the set of coasters I made to put inside -

    .
    Method:

    I measured the size of panels I needed for both the box and the coasters and then worked in My Craft Studio software to build up the designs I wanted out of digital papers and elements from the Francheska collection.  Once I was happy with how the panels looked I put a second copy of one of the flowers and the butterfly on an empty space of my working area and printed everything out.  After cutting out the panels I went round the outside of each of the coaster inserts with the gilding wax to take away the white edge of the cut line and dragged the wax in a bit to give a slight distressed look to the edge.  I then took the stardust pen and went round the outside of the floral petals and a few other elements on the panels so that they have a shine that catches the light at some angles.  The panels were then put inside the coaster blanks and closed.

    I used glue gel to stick all the panels on the box.  After they were attached firmly I went round the panel edges and the exposed wood with the gilding wax to again cover the white cut edges of the panels and darken the colour of the wood and give it a bit of a sheen.  I rubbed over it all with a kitchen towel to remove any excess and buff it up a bit.  I used glue gel to attach the extra layer of the butterfly and the flower.  I used the stardust pen on the button elements on the side panels and around the flower and centre of the butterfly body on the lid and then added different colours of glue gel to the centre of the flower and around the butterfly wing tips.
    .

    -oOo-
    And that is it from me for today.
    Please keep coming back regularly to look at the new posts as different Design Team members show you a variety of creations made using digital items available via the Dragons Lair Design store.  I'll be back with more posts over the coming months as well, so keep an eye out for those.

    Dragons Lair Designs Links
    • If you fancy trying out some of the designs available from "Dragons Lair Designs", please do visit the Store to find all sorts of digital goodies (you'll find great digi-stamps and lots more).
    • And why not join the "Dragons Lair Designs Fan Group" Facebook group. It's a small, fun, group where we have lots of different activities which include exclusive challenges, daily inspiration and giveaways - and there's a loyalty club for those who take part as well.
    • "Like" Us on Facebook
    • Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog : new challenge 1st Friday every month
    • Follow designer Janette Padley on Pinterest!
    • See us on CraftsUPrint

    Till next time - Have Fun Crafting!
    Gwyneth
    DLD Inspiration Blog Design Team Leader
    (And if you are wondering "who's Gwyneth?" - then you'll find an "About Me and My Blog!" piece on my blog.)

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails