Monday 7 April 2014

Inspiration by Gwyneth - April

Good Morning Everybody!
There have been some changes around Stamping Dragon land since my last post, and the regular Monday morning posts of "Pick of the Week" have gone - but of course that doesn't mean that you won't see lots of new crafting appearing here on The Dragons Den as inspiration for you - A new series of "Inspiration by ..." posts will be appearing throughout the month where the various Design Team members will have a chance to inspire you with lots of crafted creations made using downloads that are available in the Stamping Dragon Designs store, which you can find -> Here!

As this is my 1st "Inspiration by Gwyneth" post I thought I'd make a 1st Birthday card to show you today.  I've used a mini theme kit as well as a digi-stamp from the store.  I hope you like it.

Stamping Dragon Designs Item:
  • "Birthday Teddy" - found - Here - in the shop.
  • Baby Dayz Mini Theme - found -> Here - in the shop
Consumables:
300gsm, Super Smooth white cardstock; ProMarkers and FlexMarker - Satin, March Hare, Cocoa, Buttercup, Green Shoot, Frosted Jade and Dove Grey; Clear Wink of Stella brush pens;1mm deep, double sided, foam tape; 8" square Crafty Bob white card; Silver Plain Peel Off - for cutting out the greeting; Finger-lift tape
Equipment:
Brother ScanNcut; Scissors.


Slightly angled view to try and show twinkling added to hat, baloons and round embelishment elements.

Closer look at coloured in image.


The background sheet was printed out and cut with a wavy edge using my ScanNcut machine.  The digi-stamp and other elements used from the kit were taken into one of my graphics packages and re-sized and layed out on an A4 working area before I printed them out and cut.  The digi-stamp was coloured in using my ProMarkers.  I went around the outside of the card and the mat using the Frosted Jade ProMarker before building up my card in the design I wanted.  I finished off by going over the hat, baloons and circular embelishments with the clear Wink of Stella and adding the peel-offs.  "Penblwydd Hapus" is Welsh for "Happy Birthday" and "1af" is "1st".

-oOo-
And that is it from me for today.
Over the next few weeks you'll find various "Inspiration by ..." posts appear on this "Dragons Den" blog, as well as colouring tutorials and other posts by different Design Team members, so please do keep coming back regularly to have a look new posts.  I'll be back with more posts over the coming months as well, so keep an eye out for those.

Stamping Dragon Designs Links
  • If you fancy trying out some of Stamping Dragon Designs, please do visit the Store to find all sorts of digital goodies (you'll find great digi-stamps and lots more).
  • And why not join the "Stamping Dragon Designs" Facebook group. It's a small, fun, group where we have lots of different activities which include exclusive challenges, daily inspiration and giveaways - and there's a loyalty club for those who take part as well.
  • "Like" Us on Facebook
  • Stamping with the Dragon - Challenge Blog : new challenge 1st Friday every month
  • Follow designer Janette Padley on Pinterest!
  • See us on CraftsUPrint
  • Etsy Shop - Instant downloads!

Till next time - Have Fun Crafting!
Gwyneth
DT Member
(And if you are wondering "who's Gwyneth?" - then you'll find an "About Me and My Blog!" piece on my blog.)

3 comments:

Jeanette58 said...

So cute Gwyneth xx

Cumbrianlass said...

A beautiful cute card Gwyneth
Thanks for the wonderful comments you have left on my blog
Janet xxx

Im just me - Marleen said...

Such a cute card hun. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails