Monday 24 February 2014

"Pick of the Week" - 26 - Rupert in Window

Good Morning Everybody!
It's Gwyneth here again today - back with another "Pick of the Week".
Those of you who've read my own blog may remember that at the start of the year I said that my aim this year was to use up bits that had come to light in my crafting stash during my tidy up during the autumn last year, together with any new items I might be tempted by.  So this time, together with playing with another digi-stamp from the Stamping Dragon Designs shop I've used old paper flowers from my crafting stash, and a new sheet of cardstock, and very little else.
In fact I've tried to keep it a quick and simple card.

Stamping Dragon Designs Item:
"Rupert in Window" - found - Here - in the shop.
Consumables:
Super Smooth white cardstock; ProMarkers - Pear Green, Moss, Spring Lilac; Wink of Stella Brush Pen - Clear, Violet; 2mm deep double sided shaker tape; Glue Gel; Hunkydory patterned Adorable Scorable (free with issue 15 of Hunkydory magazine)
Equipment:
Score Board; Craft Knife; Scissors.


I've kept the colouring of this image in very simple - no using of three or more colours per area for blending, no using dozens of colours - I've just used two shades of green for Rupert -Pear Green all over and then Moss around the sides to give shadow or depth.  The curtains were coloured all over with the Spring Lilac colour and then I went back with the same colour to add a few lines of deeper colour.  I then used the Violet Wink of Stella on the window frame and Clear on Rupert's eye and over the ribbon and bow on the background cardstock. (One thing to be aware of is that, as Adorable Scorable is a coated cardstock, the Wink of Stella pools and takes ages to dry on it, but it leaves very subtle "dewdrop" sparkle look.)
I've cut out the background behind Rupert so that the pattern of the cardstock appears as a "wallpaper" in the image.
You'll notice that I haven't put a greeting on this card.  I've done this as I'm not sure what language the card will be needed in or what occasion it will be used for.  I can see it being suitable for so many occasions - Thinking of You; I Miss You;  Sorry To See You Go - when somebody is moving and leaving an area, or leaving a job; Welcome To Your New Home, or Welcome To The Neighbourhood - when somebody moves into a new house; the list is endless.

-oOo-
And that is it from me for today.
The "Den" has new posts of a very varied nature up practically every day now, so please do pop back regularly to see the inspiration cards and other crafted items, plus tutorials, etc. - I hope that you'll also visit here again in four weeks time when I should be back with a new "Pick of the Week" item to show you
- I'm going to get my thinking cap on to see what I can come up with.

Stamping Dragon Designs Links
  • If you fancy trying out some of Stamping Dragon Designs, please do visit the Store to find all sorts of digital goodies (you'll find great digi-stamps and lots more).
  • And why not join the "Stamping Dragon Designs" Facebook group. It's a small, fun, group where we have lots of different activities which include exclusive challenges, daily inspiration and giveaways - and there's a loyalty club for those who take part as well.
  • "Like" Us on Facebook
  • Stamping with the Dragon - Challenge Blog : new challenge every fortnight
  • Follow designer Janette Padley on Pinterest!
  • See us on CraftsUPrint
  • Etsy Shop - Instant downloads!

Till next time - Have Fun Crafting!
Gwyneth
DT Member
(And if you are wondering "who's Gwyneth?" - then you'll find an "About Me and My Blog!" piece on my blog.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails