Thursday 6 February 2014

Crafting on a budget - desk tidy

Hi everyone I hope that you are all well and happy.
Its that time againlol the time where I show you something that I have made on a budget and this fortnight I have a desk tidy to show you!
A few things that can be used

 Trying it out as a hat
So I rough cut down the lengths of a sweetie tube and after a kik conversation with Marleen ( she dared me ) decided to try it out as a hat .

 Part done
I used a layer of mustard yellow distress paint , followed by a layer of gesso , followed by a layer of picket fence distress paint followed by a layer of modge podge to seal it. Any paint can be used but distress was on my desk so I used that. On the inside I have put shimmer card although on this pic you can not see it and around the inside top ive used some pink crossgrain ribbon and some stretchy organza ribbon around the top on the outside.

 The finished product
To finish I have simply layered a paper flower from my stash and popped a button in the centre and popped some bits inside. It now has its place on my desk along with tidies made from cola can, pet food can and a cut down washing powder box.
This has cost literally pennies to create and looks lovely on my desk.

Thank you for taking the time to join me and I hope that you like what I have shown you today.
Please pop along to the FB group where you will find lots going on on a daily basis including the loyalty points scheme and daily inspiration.
Thanks for stopping by
Hugs Tina
HAPPY CRAFTING
xxx


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails